Accepting mobile payments using PayPal Here
Using Wild Apricot's adminapp and the PayPal Here app, you can accept credit card payments from your iOS device and record those payments in your Wild Apricot account.
PayPal Here integration is not available for free accounts.
PayPal provides financial processing services and a card reader attachment for mobile devices.
You can only use PayPal Here to record a one-time manual payment. You cannot set up recurring payment profiles using PayPal Here.
What you need to get started
- a Wild Apricot account
- the iOS version of the Wild Apricot admin app
- a verified PayPal business account
- the PayPal Here app
Using PayPal Here to accept payments
Once you've installed the PayPal Here app on your mobile device, you can use it to accept credit card payments from your Wild Apricot admin app.
To accept payments via PayPal Here from the Wild Apricot admin app, follow these steps:
- Check in an event registrant with payment, or tap the Pay button from a contact's Finances tab.
- Tap the Online payment tab.
- Tap the Use PayPal Here button.
- When asked, grant permission to open the PayPal Here app.
- From the PayPal Here app, enter the credit card number or use the card reader to swipe the card.
- Once you complete the transaction within the PayPal Here app, the following screen will appear.On this screen, tap the New Sale button. You will be returned to your Wild Apricot app, and the payment details will be recorded in your Wild Apricot account. Within the payment details, the PayPal Here invoice ID will be recorded in the internal notes section.
If you don't tap the New Sale button, the payment information will not be recorded on your Wild Apricot account.
Refunds processed through PayPal Here for payments made via the Wild Apricot app will not get automatically recorded in your Wild Apricot account.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use PayPal Here with my Wild Apricot Android app?
No. Currently, you can only use it with the iOS version of the Wild Apricot app.
Do I need to set up PayPal Here integration on my Wild Apricot site?
No. All you need is a verified PayPal Business account and the PayPal Here app installed on your mobile device.
Can I set up recurring payments using PayPal Here?
No. You can only use PayPal Here to record a one-time manual payment.
Is the PayPal Here app available worldwide?
No. Currently, you can only use the PayPal Here app with US, UK, and Australian-based PayPal business accounts.
How much fee do you charge per transaction?
Wild Apricot does not charge any fees, but PayPal does. PayPal's fees vary depending on the country.
For US: 2.7% - 3.5%, depending on the card type and input method plus some extra charges possible. For more information, click here.
For AU: 1.95% for transactions through the card reader and PayPal check-in payments, and 2.9% + $0.30 for key in card payments. For more information, click here.
For UK: 1.5% - 2.75%, depending on your total monthly sales. For more details, click here (see the “Estimate your PayPal Here fees” section).