Wild Apricot lets you save an email you are working on so you can finish it or send it at a later time. You can send it manually or schedule it for delivery at a particular date and time. For instructions on creating an email, see Sending manual emails.
Viewing and filtering email drafts
To view a list of your email drafts, hover over the Email menu and click Emails, or just click the Email menu. The Emails list that appears will display all your unsent messages, including both scheduled emails and unscheduled email drafts.
To view your sent emails, go to the email log.
For each message, the subject of the email is displayed, along with the creation date, and the name of the person who created it.
You can filter the Emails list in several ways:
- To show only those messages whose subject or details matches a particular search string, enter that string in the Quick search field.
- To show only those messages that you have created, set the Show filter to Only mine. To show all emails, set the Show filter to All.
- To show just scheduled emails, set the Status filter to Scheduled. To show just unscheduled email drafts, set the Status filter to Drafts. To show all messages regardless of status, set the Status filter to All.
These filter options work in combination. For example, if you set the Show filter to Only mine, set the Status filter to Scheduled, and enter a search string in the Quick search field, then only scheduled emails that you have created that match the search string will be displayed.
Saving email drafts
You can save your draft and exit the email wizard at any time by clicking the SAVE & EXIT option in the upper right corner.
A draft of your message will be automatically saved every 30 seconds. You can save your draft at any time by clicking the Save link in the upper left corner.
Modifying saved email drafts
To resume editing an unscheduled email draft, click on its subject within the list...
...or else hover over the email and click the Edit button that appears.
To modify a scheduled email, you have to pause it by hovering over the email within the Emails list and clicking the Pause button.
Now, you can click the email subject to open the email wizard and modify your message. To modify the name of an email – how it is identified within the list – change its subject line.
Duplicating an email draft
To duplicate an existing draft, hover over the draft within the list then select the Duplicate option from the Edit dropdown that appears.
The new duplicate message will be opened for editing.
Before you can duplicate a scheduled email, you have to pause it by hovering over the email within the Emails list and clicking the Pause button.
The duplicate email have word the word (copy) will be appended to the subject line to distinguish it from the original draft. The creation date and the name of the creator will be changed to the current time and the current administrator.
Deleting an email draft
To delete an unscheduled draft, hover over the draft within the list then select the Delete option from the Edit dropdown that appears.
To delete a scheduled email, hover over the email, click the Pause button, then click the Delete option from the Edit dropdown.
Deleting the draft will remove it permanently.
Sending email drafts
To send an email draft, follow these steps:
- Within the Emails list, click the subject of the draft you want to send.
- Make any required changes to the message.
- Make any required adjustments to the recipient list. The default recipient list will consist of the contacts you originally selected when you saved the draft.
- Click Review & send (step #5).
- If there are no issues that need fixing, click the Send button. If there are issues, click the link beside each error message to address the issue.
Once you send an email draft, the draft is deleted.
For more information, see Sending email blasts.