Support for this payment system is being removed so that we can focus on providing a higher level of support for a smaller group of processors, including our own payment processor Wild Apricot Payments. For more information, click here.Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) is an online payment processing service that allows you to accept online credit card payments on your website. Before you can integrate your Wild Apricot site with Skrill, you must have a Skrill account.
Paying using Skrill
Once you've integrated your Skrill account with your Wild Apricot site, visitors to your site can pay online for membership fees and event registrations, and make donations.
When a visitor fills out an integrated online form on your Wild Apricot website (e.g. membership application or event registration) and chooses to pay online, they will be redirected to a secure Skrill payment screen (on moneybookers.com) to make the payment.
On the Skrill payment screen, they fill out their billing information, choose whether to pay by credit card or bank transfer, then click the Confirm and Pay button to complete the transaction.
After the payment is processed, the visitor is returned to the Invoices and payments tab on their member profile, where an invoice will appear, along with a payment entry, if the payment was successful.
For security reasons, credit card information is not stored in Wild Apricot. Instead, Skrill receives and processes the payment details, then returns the status of the payment transaction, which is recorded in your Wild Apricot transaction details.
Integrating your Skrill account with Wild Apricot
Instructions for third-party payment systems are provided as a courtesy and may contain out of date information or screen clips. For the latest instructions, consult the payment provider's website.
Before you can set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments through Skrill, you must have a Skrill account. To create a Skrill account, click here.
What you need to get started
To integrate your Skrill account with Wild Apricot, you will need the email associated with your Skrill account and your secret word. If you have a new account, you’ll need to set up a secret word.
To set up a secret word for your Skrill account, follow these steps:
- Log into your Skrill account.
- Click the My Account tab at the top.
- Click the Merchant tools link along the left.
- Enter your secret word in the two fields.
- Click the Confirm button at the bottom of the page.
If the Merchant tools link does not appear or is disabled, email email@example.com and request the option to be enabled for your account.
Payment settings for Skrill
Once you have a Skrill account, follow these steps to integrate Skrill into your Wild Apricot site:
- Under the Settings menu, click Finances.
- From the Finances settings screen, click Payment settings.
- On the Payment settings screen, click the Edit button.
- Click the Payment system drop-down list and select Skrill (beta).
- If you want to begin accepting online payments immediately, click the Live radio button. If you want to test your settings using test or sandbox accounts provided by your payment provider, click the Test/Sandbox radio button. While in test mode, your payment provider will accept or decline your test transactions as it would live transactions, but will not charge any credit cards or update any bank accounts. Wild Apricot will, however, create payment records and update Wild Apricot balances as it would with live transactions.
- In the Pay to email field, enter the email address associated with your Skrill account.
- Click the Language drop-down and select the language to be used on the payment screen.
- Enter your account's Secret word.
- Leave the Default country selection as is. Skrill will ignore this selection and instead use the customer's IP address to determine the default country value.
- Select the currency you want to use in your transactions.
Note: Do not change the currency after your site begins accepting online payments. If you change the currency, existing payment records will not be recalculated and will no longer display correct amounts.
- In the Instructions fields, add payment instructions to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Save changes.
Now that you have set up your Wild Apricot site to receive online payments, a Pay online button will appear after a visitor to your site clicks the Confirm button while applying for membership or registering for an event.
Recurring payments are supported by Skrill but are not supported by Wild Apricot during the initial implementation of this payment system.