SHOW ME (5:11)
BluePay is an online payment processing service that allows you to accept online credit card payments on your Wild Apricot website. Before you can integrate your Wild Apricot site with BluePay, you must have a BluePay account.
Support for BluePay is being provided without full testing in a live environment. During this initial implementation – the beta release – certain features such as recurring payments and automatic refunds will not be supported. For more information, see What does "beta" mean?
Paying using BluePay
Once you've integrated your BluePay account with your Wild Apricot site, visitors to your site can pay online for membership fees and event registrations, and make donations.
When a visitor fills out an integrated online form on your Wild Apricot website (e.g. membership application or event registration) and chooses to pay online, they will be directed to a secure Wild Apricot payment form to make the payment.
On the form, they fill out their credit card details and their billing information, then click the Pay button to complete the payment.
After the payment is processed, the visitor is returned to the Invoices and payments tab on their member profile, where an invoice will appear, along with a payment entry, if the payment was successful.
For security reasons, credit card information is not stored in Wild Apricot. Instead, it is securely transmitted to BluePay where it is processed. BluePay then returns the status of the payment transaction, which is recorded in your Wild Apricot transaction details.
Setting up your BluePay account
Instructions for third-party payment systems are provided as a courtesy and may contain out of date information or screen clips. For the latest instructions, consult the payment provider's website.
Before you can set up your Wild Apricot site to accept online payments using BluePay, you must set up a BluePay account.
While setting up your BluePay account, be sure to check the WebLink bp20post option under Website Integration on the Account Admin page.
To display the Account Admin page:
- Log into the BluePay Gateway Manager.
- Click the Administration menu, then choose Accounts, then List.
- On the Account List, under Options on the right-hand side, click the icon that looks like a pair of eyes.
Integrating your BluePay account with Wild Apricot
Once you've set up your BluePay account, you can integrate it into your Wild Apricot site.
What you need to get started
To integrate your BluePay account with Wild Apricot, you will need your account ID and your secret key.
Your secret key appears halfway down the Account Admin page in the BluePay Gateway Manager, near a large red warning. The account ID also appears on this page in the right-hand column.
Payment settings for BluePay
To integrate your BluePay account into your Wild Apricot site, follow these steps:
- Under the Settings menu, click Finances.
- From the Finances settings screen, click Payment settings.
- On the Payment settings screen, click the Edit button.
- Click the Payment system drop-down list and select BluePay (beta).
- If you want to begin accepting online payments immediately, click the Live radio button. If you want to test your settings using test or sandbox accounts provided by your payment provider, click the Test/Sandbox radio button. While in test mode, your payment provider will accept or decline your test transactions as it would live transactions, but will not charge any credit cards or update any bank accounts. Wild Apricot will, however, create payment records and update Wild Apricot balances as it would with live transactions. For more information, see Live vs. test/sandbox modes.
- In the Account ID field, enter your BluePay account number.
- Enter your account's Secret key.
- Select the credit card types you want to accept. (These should match what you have set up in your BluePay account.)
- Click the Default country drop-down list and select the country where the majority of your visitors reside. Your selection will appear as the default country to your customers.
- Select the currency you want to use in your transactions.
Note: Do not change the currency after your site begins accepting online payments. If you change the currency, existing payment records will not be recalculated and will no longer display correct amounts.
- In the Instructions fields, add payment instructions to be displayed to your customers.
- Click Save changes.
Now that you have set up your Wild Apricot site to receive online payments, a Pay online button will appear after a visitor to your site clicks the Confirm button while applying for membership or registering for an event.
Recurring payments are supported by BluePay but are not currently supported by Wild Apricot for this payment system.