Bundle administrator guide
A membership bundle is a collection of members who are linked together and managed by one of their members – the bundle administrator. The bundle administrator is responsible for adding new members to the bundle.
Bundle members share the same renewal date, status, and membership level. The entire bundle is charged a single membership fee, which is paid by the bundle administrator.
Membership bundles are not given names but are represented by the names of their bundle administrators.
Creating a membership bundle
Your site administrator can create a membership bundle for you, or you can create the bundle yourself. When you create a new bundle, you automatically become the administrator for that bundle.
To create a membership bundle and become the bundle administrator, follow these steps:
- Go to the page on your Wild Apricot site that has a membership application form. The page might be called something like Join us or Become a member .
- Within the list of membership levels, select the bundle membership level. Depending on your site, it might be called Bundle, Family, Team, or Company.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the next screen, enter your email address (unless you are already logged into the site). If your email address already exists on this site – because you've registered for an event or made a donation – you will be prompted to log in before proceeding. You may also be required to enter a Captcha code to prove you are not a spambot.
- Click Next to continue.
- Complete the membership application form. Required fields will be marked by an asterisk.
- After you're finished completing the application form, click Next to continue.
- Review the summary of your application and click Confirm to proceed with the application. You'll be sent an email with an invoice for the bundle membership fee, and another with your password. Depending on your site's bundle settings, your application may have to be approved by an administrator and/or payment may have to received in full before your membership is activated.
- After confirming the membership application, you'll be taken to the Invoices and payments page on your member profile (unless the bundle is free). If online payment is enabled on your site, you can click Pay online to pay the application invoice, along with any other open invoices (such as event invoices).
Once the invoice is paid – and the application is approved (if applicable) – you'll receive an activation email, and you can start adding members to your bundle.
Adding members to a bundle
A site administrator can add members to a bundle, but generally, it is the responsibility of the bundle administrator.
A bundle administrator can add brand new site members to the bundle, or add existing non-member contacts. They cannot add an existing member – as identified by their email address – to their bundle.
To add members to a bundle as the bundle administrator, follow these steps:
- Log into your Wild Apricot site.
Click your name or the View profile link to jump to your
- Within the Bundle summary section of your Profile page, click the Add member button.
- Complete the membership application form on behalf of the person you want to add as a bundle member.
- Click Save.
- The new bundle member's record now appears. To return to your profile, click the Return to bundle list and your own profile link.
New bundle members can have different join dates but will share a single renewal date. Depending on how your site administrator set up the bundle, there might be a limit on the number of members that can be added.
Editing bundle member information
The bundle administrator can modify a bundle member's profile from within the bundle administrator's profile. To modify a bundle member's profile, click the bundle member's name within the Bundle summary section of the bundle administrator's profile, then click the Edit profile button within the bundle member's profile.
Removing a bundle member
Only a site administrator – not a bundle administrator – can remove a member from a bundle, by assigning the bundle member to a non-bundle membership level.
A bundle administrator, however, can archive a bundle member, so that the member is no longer part of the bundle, but still remains part of the site's contact database (though as an inactive contact).
To archive a bundle member, follow these steps:
- Log into your Wild Apricot site.
- Click your name or the View profile link to jump to your member profile.
Within the Bundle summary section of your
Profile page, click the name of the member you want to
- From the member's profile that appears, scroll down to the bottom and click the Archive button.
- You can now click the Return to bundle list and your own profile link to return to your member profile.
Renewing a membership bundle
All bundle members share the same renewal date. While bundle members may also receive renewal reminders and renewal notifications, only the bundle administrator can actually renew on behalf of the entire bundle.
A renewal reminder will be emailed to the bundle administrator a certain number of days before the membership renewal date. The renewal reminder may include a link you can click to log into your Wild Apricot account.
Depending on the renewal options your site administrator chose when setting up the bundle, you may also receive an invoice for the membership fee. The invoice email may include a link you can click to view and pay the invoice without logging in.
You can also renew your membership from your member profile on your Wild Apricot site. To access your member profile, log into your Wild Apricot site and click your name or the View profile link . From your member profile, click the Renew button on your Profile page.
After you click the Renew button, you can review and update your membership details, then click the Update and next button. Then, you click the Confirm button to confirm the renewal request. You will be taken to the Invoices and payments page where you can pay for the invoice for the renewal. The membership fee is payable by the bundle administrator on behalf of the entire bundle.
Once the bundle is renewed, renewal notifications are sent to individual bundle members.
Hiding the bundle member list
By default, a list of bundle members is displayed on the bundle administrator's public profile (accessible via a member directory).
On the public profile for individual bundle members, a link to the bundle administrator appears.
If you want to hide the list of bundle members on the bundle administrator's public profile, the bundle administrator can change the Linked bundle members setting on the Privacy tab of their member profile.
Full account administrators can also change this setting from the Privacy tab of the bundle administrator's contact record, and for all bundle administrators from the Members privacy settings screen.
Changing bundle administrators
Only a site administrator can change the bundle administrator to another bundle member. After another member is made the bundle administrator, the previous bundle administrator becomes a regular bundle member.
Changing bundle levels
A bundle administrator can switch their entire bundle to a different bundle level by clicking the Change option beside their membership level within their member profile.
A bundle administrator can switch to an individual level only if their bundle has no members.
Bundle members cannot switch to a different membership level as long as they are still members of a bundle. To switch a bundle member to a different level, first remove them from the bundle.