Inserting a favorites icon
A favorites icon – also known as a favicon, shortcut icon, or website icon – is an icon that appears in the page tab and address bar of your browser when a particular site is displayed.
Wild Apricot allows you to display a custom icon for your site in place of the default one. This allows you to create a unique icon that uniquely identifies your Wild Apricot site.
On Google Chrome, the favorites icon only appears on the page tab, not on the address bar.
Icon file requirements
Your favorites icon must satisfy the following requirements:
- File type: .ico
- Image size: 32x32 or 16x16 pixels
There are many free online .ico converters that can convert other image formats into an .ico file (e.g. http://www.icoconverter.com).
Uploading and linking to the favorites icon
Follow these steps to upload and link to your favorite icon:
- Go to the Files screen by clicking Files under the Website menu.
- Upload your favorites icon to the Pictures folder.
- Under the Settings menu, click Site.
- Within the Site settings screen, click Meta-tags.
- In the Raw Headers section, paste the following code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/ico" href="/Resources/Pictures/filename" />
replacing filename with the name of the icon file. For example, if your icon file was named favicon.ico, then the link code would appear as:
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/ico" href="/Resources/Pictures/favicon.ico" />
- Click the Reset all pages to use this button.
- Click Save button to save your changes.
- Log out of your account to reload your site and see the results.