Photo album summary gadget
Using the photo album summary gadget, you can display a collection of photo albums with thumbnail previews for each album.
For example, you could display photo albums from different events held this year.
To view the photos in each album, you click the appropriate album thumbnail.
The albums will appear in the gadget in order by album name. The photos within each album will be sorted by file name.
For instructions on adding gadgets and displaying gadget settings, see All about gadgets.
The following gadget settings are available for photo album summary gadgets.
Albums to include
Choose the photo albums you want to include in the gadget. You cannot choose photo albums that appear on admin-only pages.
Number of rows
The number of rows to be displayed in the gadget.
Number/size of thumbnails
You can either specify the number of thumbnails per row, or else the size of the thumbnails in pixels.
The background color of the gadget. To specify a background color, click Automatic and choose a color from the color panel that appears.
You can pick a color from the theme palette at the top of the panel, or enter RGB values or a hexadecimal value for the color you want to use.
If you choose both a background color and a background image, the background color will show through if the background image has a transparent background or doesn't occupy the entire gadget background.
An image to be displayed as the background for the gadget. To choose a background image, click the Select button beside Background image.
You can choose from the theme-specific image library, or click the Files tab and choose an image file from your Wild Apricot account.
After you've chosen your background image, you can control the horizontal and vertical alignment, and choose how your image appears within the available space.
Within the Behavior dropdown, you can choose from the following options:
- Tile – the image will be repeated horizontally and vertically to completely fill the available space.
- No repeat or scaling – the image will displayed as is, and will be not be repeated or scaled.
- Repeat horizontally – the image will be repeated horizontally to fill the width of the available space.
- Repeat vertically – the image will be repeated vertically to fill the height of the available space.
- Fill – the image will be stretched to completely fill the available space, and may therefore appear distorted.
- Cover – the image will be proportionally resized to cover the available space, and may therefore be cropped.
- Scale by height – the image will be proportionally resized to fit the height of the available space. Depending on the dimensions of the space, the image may be cropped, or may not fill the entire width of the space.
- Scale by width – the image will be proportionally resized to fit the width of the available space. Depending on the dimensions of the space, the image may be cropped, or may not fill the entire height of the space.
To remove the existing background image, click the Remove link. To replace the image with a different image, click the Change button.
The amount of space – in pixels – that appears outside the gadget. You can set top, bottom, left, and right margins separately.