Version 6.18 release
To be released beginning on February 25, 2019. The release will be published in batches over the space of a week to ensure stability. Consequently, some changes may not appear on your account up to a week after the release date.
The Version 6.18 release includes the following changes and enhancements.
Allowing applicants, registrants, and members to upload files
You can now allow or require membership applicants and event registrants to upload files, or you can upload files yourself to their accounts.
There are many scenarios in which you might want to allow or require members (and other logged in contacts) to upload files, or upload them yourself:
- Event registrants want to submit presentations or upload abstract submissions
- Membership applicants are required to submit educational transcripts, proof of professional certification, or proof of enrollment (for student memberships)
- Members have to upload continuing education certificates to their profile to qualify for higher levels, or want to add other documents to share with their fellow members
- Administrators want to add certificates to member profiles after members complete training events
To allow members and other contacts to upload files, you create a file attachment field. Depending on where you want the field to appear, you can add the file attachment field as a membership field, a common field, or an event field.
For more information, see Allowing applicants, registrants, and members to upload files.
Simpler way of enabling event registration
Previously, enabling registration for an event was a three-step process that required you to enter edit mode. We've now replaced that process with a simple and highly visible Allow registration toggle you can click in view or edit mode to quickly enable or disable registration.
As before, there are circumstances under which public registration won't be available even if you have enabled registration for an event, including:
- You have set the event visibility to Admin only.
- The event's registration limit has been reached.
- The event occurs in the past.
- The current date is not within the event's specified registration period (simple events), or within the specified registration period for any registration types (advanced events).
Removing Google+ options
Google will be shutting down the Google+ social network as of April 2, 2019, so we've made the following corresponding changes in Wild Apricot:
- Google+ options removed from social profile gadget and sharing buttons gadget
- Option to log in to Wild Apricot using Google+ credentials replaced by option to log in using regular Google credentials
A number of bugs identified by our clients have been fixed, including but not limited to the following:
- Link in event emails return Resource not found error
- Unable to save event announcement consisting of an image only
- Unable to upload images to site album
- Font changes being applied beyond selected text
- Image resizing handles not appearing when editing email using Firefox
- Clicking on the Renewal overdue link in the member summary produces an incorrect list
- Invoices for a store whose payment method is set to offline only can be paid online from member profiles