Applying for a Wild Apricot/AffiniPay account (Canadian clients)
To begin accepting payments using Wild Apricot Payments, you need a Wild Apricot Payments account with AffiniPay (or a regular AffiniPay account).
For Canadian clients, the process of applying for a Wild Apricot Payments/AffiniPay account involves the following steps:
- You complete the application form on the Payments settings screen within your Wild Apricot account
- AffiniPay sends you a PDF from First Data (AffiniPay's banking partner in Canada) prefilled with the information you provided on the application form.
- You print the PDF, enter banking information, and other confidential information, then sign the completed form.
- You scan the completed forms, along with other supporting documents, then email them to AffiniPay.
- You receive a notification from AffiniPay once your account has been approved.
After you receive approval from AffiniPay, you can confirm your account and connect it to your Wild Apricot site.
These steps are described in detail below.
Applying for an account from the Payments screen
To apply for a Wild Apricot Payments account from the Payments settings screen, follow these steps:
- Go to the Payment settings screen by clicking Finances under the Settings menu then clicking Payment settings.
- From the Payment settings screen, click the Fill in application button. If you're not seeing this button, but you do see a Learn more button at the top of the Payment settings screen, click the Learn more button then click the Fill in application form button.
- On the screen that appears, complete the application form. You'll need to provide your contact information and organization details, including the following information:
- Contact name
- Contact email
- Legal business name
- Business DBA name (if different than legal name)
- Business address
- Business phone number
- Type of business (sole proprietor, partnership, non-profit, public corporation, private corporation, government)
- Business website
- Approximate annual transaction volume
- Name of principal (the owner, director, or CEO of the business or organization)
- After you completed the application form, click the Submit application form at the bottom of the screen.
Within 1-2 business days, you should receive an email from First Data with a PDF file attached that you need to print and complete.
Completing the PDF forms
Once you receive the PDF to be completed from AffiniPay, you need to do the following:
- Print the PDF file.
- Enter the following information in the fields provided:
- Deposit account route number, transit number, and account number
- Business GST number
- Principal address
- Principal phone number
- Principal date of birth
- Principal % ownership (for non-profit please enter 51%)
- Principal ID type (driver’s license, passport)
- Principal ID number
- Principal ID place of issuance
- Have the principal sign the application in the Merchant Signatures area.
- Scan the completed form pages.
- Scan the principal's photo ID.
- Scan a void cheque for the business or organization.
- Email the scanned application forms and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Receiving confirmation from AffiniPay
Once your Wild Apricot Payments account is approved, you'll receive a confirmation email from AffiniPay. After you receive the email from AffiniPay, you can confirm your Wild Apricot Payments account and connect it to your Wild Apricot site.
If AffiniPay is unable to verify the details you provided, your application might be rejected. Factors that can contribute to your application being rejected include:
- Inconsistencies in the information provided (e.g. business name and address do not match)
- Business name can't be verified
- Tax ID number not registered
Confirming your Wild Apricot Payments account
Before you can connect to your new Wild Apricot Payments account, you need to confirm it. To confirm your new account, follow these steps:
- Within the AffiiPay confirmation instructions email, click the Confirm My Account button.
- On the screen that appears, choose a password then click Finish.
Connecting to your Wild Apricot Payments account
After you've confirmed your Wild Apricot Payments account, you can connect it to your Wild Apricot site. To connect your Wild Apricot Payments account to your Wild Apricot site, follow these steps:
- Return to the Payment settings screen by clicking the link within your Wild Apricot confirmation email (US applicants only), or by clicking Finances under the Settings menu then clicking Payment settings.
- From the Payment settings screen, click the Connect to account button.
- On the AffiniPay screen that appears, log into your Wild Apricot Payments account using the email address you entered when you applied for the account, and the password you chose in Step 2 (above).
- You'll be returned to the Payment settings screen, where you can adjust various payment settings. For details, see Payment settings (below).
- Click the Save changes button to save your changes.
You should now be able to accept online payments using your Wild Apricot Payments account.