Version 6.0 release
To be released beginning on March 19, 2018. The release will be published in batches over a space of a week to ensure stability. So, some changes may not appear on your account for up to 7 days after the release date.
The Version 6.0 release includes the following changes and enhancements.
We are excited to release the first version of our online store. Using the store, you sell merchandise or services from your Wild Apricot site.
The following steps are involved in setting up your Wild Apricot store:
- Add products to your product catalog.
- Create a page and add a catalog gadget.
- Add a cart gadget to your page template(s).
This initial version provides a limited set of features that we will be adding to in response to feedback from our clients.
For more information, including a list of what you can and can't do with the first version of the online store, click here.
In the next release of Wild Apricot, we are planning on adding the following features to the online store:
- Automatic email notification when order is fulfilled
- Customization of automatic store emails
- Routing of automatic store emails
- Ability to sort orders by payment or fulfilment status
- Control over product sorting within public catalog
- Ability to cancel an order
Change event invitation responses
From the Registrants & invitees list, you can now change the invitation response for individual invitees. To change the response, click the dropdown list under the Registration heading and select a different response.
For advanced events, you can change a No reply response to either Registered or Not attending, and change a Not attending response to Registered. You cannot change a Registered status using this dropdown.
For simple events, you can change any response to any other response.
When you change an invitation response to an advanced event to Registered, or change the response for a simple event to Yes, the event registration form will appear so you can complete the registration for the invitee.
Export a contact's event registrations
From the Events tab within a contact record, you can now export all event registrations for the contact by clicking the Export registrations button.
Required rules and terms fields appear when joining waitlist
When someone joins a waitlist for an event, any mandatory rules and terms fields that you have set up will always appear at the bottom of the waitlist form, even if you are only collecting just names and email addresses.
A number of issues identified by our clients have been fixed, including but not limited to the following:
- Resource not found error after clicking Administrators link under security settings
- Member of selected group unable to register for RSVP event
- Event registration pending email sent regardless of payment status
- EventField_All macro in confirmation email sends all contact field information
- Attendance list report using the selected filter under Registrants & Invitees even on Event details tab
- Incorrect results in event registration fields report
- Background image vertical alignment is resetting to top in content gadget
- Some transactions on Authorize.Net return "internal errors
- Stripe reports that Wild Apricot transmits 1930 expiration year instead of 2030
- Unable to enable member directory for member app