Within a member's contact record, membership details appear on the Membership tab.
On this tab, the following information is displayed for each member:
- Membership card (if you've published one)
- Membership level
- Membership status
- Member since date
- Date renewal due on
- Date that renewal date was last changed
- Date that membership level was last changed
- Membership field values
- Member groups participation
Membership fields are custom fields that you have added to your Wild Apricot database. Membership fields also appear on your membership application form, and can be restricted to specific membership levels.
Modifying membership details
From the Membership tab of a member's contact record, you can modify various membership details.
To modify membership details, click the Edit button within the Membership section of the Membership tab.
From the Edit membership screen, you can update the level, status, renewal date, password, membership fields, and member group participation.
Only bundle administrators can change the status of a bundle membership.
To modify only member group participation, click the Edit button within the Group participation section.
Renewing a membership
To manually renew a member's membership, click the Renew button.
On the screen that appears, you can specify the next renewal date and click Save to complete the renewal. Unless the membership level is free, you will be asked to choose one of the following options:
- Activate without invoice – activates the membership renewal without generating an invoice or adding to the member's outstanding balance. Choose this option if this member has already paid and/or you do not want to track this transaction in Wild Apricot.
- Generate invoice – generates an invoice for the membership renewal. The member can then pay the invoice online through their profile or by using an offline payment method (e.g. cash, check).
- Cancel – cancels the membership renewal.
If the membership level is free, you will be asked to confirm the renewal.
Members can also renew their membership themselves from their profile page.
Suspending a membership
You may wish to suspend someone's membership because of an overdue renewal payment or some other reason. You can also suspend a member to convert the member into a contact.
Suspending a membership will:
- Remove the membership so they become a non-member contact
- Hide them from any member directory
- Keep an archive of their membership level and status
- Keep all their contact information as it was before (e.g. you can still send emails to this person)
To suspend a member, click the Suspend button within the Membership tab.
If, at a later date, you wish to reinstate the contact as a member, you can click on the Resume button within their membership tab. This will reactivate them to their previous membership level with all their details intact.